Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Demonata Lord Loss by Darren Shan

This book was an amazing book and different than many other
books. It hadn't started off normally but exciting  getting readers
hooked into the book. For example in chapter 2 already It starts
off so viciously and shocking. There's was already so much details
of the demons that I had to read slow just to get all of that. It was
like the author Darren Shan wanted us to know that this book was
going to be different then his old series and that the villains were
nothing alike. They had no emotions, no hearts, and cruel with evil!
One thing I really liked about this book is that it doesn't show Grubbs'
parents that much. It was only in the first 2 chapter. I believe that
it was on purpose and the reason is too not be attached to those
characters. That would have disappointed me if I really attached
and then killed. Though it did create suspense and I wondered what
Grubbs was going to do.
This book definitely grossed me out but it was awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I like how you talked about Darren Shan's writting techniques and how you gave examples of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenneth,

    I like how you're questioning the book. I'd love to hear more about why you think the book is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "They had no emotions, no hearts"--this really got me thinking. why do you think Shan created characters like that? would it ever be good to not have hearts/emotion?

    ReplyDelete