Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Childhood Favorite Freak the Mighty Response

I have just finished rereading my childhood favorite book called Freak the Mighty. When I first read this book was when I was in 3rd grade. The first time I didn't noticed most details. For example Freak and Max doesn't seem likely that they would have became friends. Max is tall and Freak is short. They were both teased because of their size. It was because of their similarities that brought them together. It was very cool because I liked how Rodman Philbrick makes the voice of each character just like their personality.
What's interesting was that Freak is smart enough to look up his own disease and then afterward not even tell Max that he was going to die. I think he's mature for his age and didn't want Max to be sad. After all Freak was his only friend and he knows Max will have to keep moving forward without him.          

3 comments:

  1. They do have a great friendship, don't they? Why do you think Rodman Philbrick ended it with Freak dying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max changes alot over the course of the nove

      Delete
  2. FUCK you anonymous

    ReplyDelete